Among the multitude of goals I have for April, "Try New Things" is at the top of that list. This week I focused on working with an art medium that I've been "meaning" to do for well over a year now! I know you can relate. So simple but pretty - acrylic paints. A light wash was perfect for my Planner Pages, some tags, cards...etc. No other medium besides stamping used. The look reminds me of washed wood at the beach. I learned that stamping on the paint did take longer to dry. So, get out that heat gun to set it quicker or get some patience. I will post some cards and tags later in the week but for now here is my #PlannerMonday.
I'd love to know what "New Things You Would Like To Try"? Feel free to comment.
Here is my April Top Five:
- Try a new art medium. (check)
- Try a new recipe.
- Try a new business idea to grow my social media following.
- Try a new vegetable in my garden - plant the starter seed.
- Try going to Yoga twice a week! - Yoga is not new to me but GOING is. LOL
The supplies I used are:
- Everyday Life Washi Tape on Clearance $1.25
- PML Live Your Day 54 Card Set on Clearance $3.00
- Some Kinda Wonderful Complements $6.95
- Good Life Complements $11.95
- Silver Assortment Sequins $2.95
- Plan On It! Acrylic Stamp Set (A must have for Planner Girls!)
- Acrylic Paints: I used the $1 paints from LSS
**I have been using Plan On It! Stamp Set, Some Kinda Wonderful and Good Life Complements and Silver Sequins all year long. The Silver Sequins are also great because they are flat. They add dimension and sparkle but minimal bulk.